Are you passionate about people, growing together in community?
We’re recruiting! Could you be (or do you know) the right person to join us in Firs & Bromford?
• A unique opportunity to join an extraordinary team of community builders, neighbours and friends.
• TogetherWeCan! – a 3-year (2017-19) intergenerational, community building project in the multicultural Firs & Bromford neighbourhood (east Birmingham).
• Bringing adults and young people together, growing confidence, skills
and connections, increasing participation, and nurturing a flourishing
local community life.
Community Support & Development Worker (Adults)
We’re looking for a passionate female* community-builder to join our team, taking the lead on TogetherWeCan!’s support & development work with local adults (supporting people to identify & share their gifts, skills & passions, become more active participants in their community, and overcome obstacles to living flourishing lives), and leading on and delivering our work engaging with local women, especially those from minority ethnic backgrounds.
• Full-time, fixed term contract (until end of December 2019),
with possibility of extending (subject to further funding).
• Salary scale £22,008 – £24,220 pa (depending on experience)
For more information and an application pack, contact:
Revd Al Barrett, email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 7th March
Interview date: Tuesday 20th March
* As some of the work connected to this post will happen in all-female spaces, and as Open Door Community Foundation has no other female employee, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for this post to be filled by a female.
Open Door Community Foundation is a registered charity, no. 1164850